Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kapit: Sinfully Delicious

Sup Kulat Taun.
Simple yet it's one of the most delicious food ever. I haven't had this for years since we moved from Kapit so when I saw the gorgeous mushrooms on sale, I bought them without hesitations. RM 25 for 5 'tumpok'.

Pama (Frogs)
I bought the frogs still alive and jumping in Kapit on my last day there. I think it was RM16 per 'ikat' (around 4 or 5 frogs per 'ikat'). I love this. So juicy and sweet.
When I was a child my AbaSiko always gave me some pama after his fishing (nimbak ikan) trip. The reason, they believe it's good for my skin since I suffered from 'kuris' due to my allergies to grass and sandfly bites.

4 comments:

  1. Chris, minta chara nuan manduk pama! Bisi frog legs dijual ditu, so I want to try cooking it! Your dish does look sinfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puteri:
    ukai aku nyumai pama nya...indai aku. hehe.but i guess the ingredients sama baka manduk lauk babas bukai..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. apu chris osyter mushroom nya nyamai kak bakani nuan manduk sedap meh. aku nguji cara bukai manduk oyster mushroom nya. aku carik sederhana mit, dahnya aku sepuh dlm, kari lumai enggau tepung, dahnya celup agi dlm teluk manuk, goreng dlm minyak panas, adeh sedap amat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuthess:
    Ukai oyster mushroom nya cath, kulat taun ko kitai iban. Tusah ke nemu kulat tu deh... Aku betaun udah enda kala makai nya.

    Auk, mushroom goreng, sigi nyamai ah. Apu, nikau ka ku kitu deh cath

    ReplyDelete